Re: RC: Learning Lessons

In a message dated 5/11/00 7:41:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<<  One of the things I have learned (and am constantly telling my
 clients and friends this too) is that the $50 spent having the vet come
 out to do an ultrasound either right before or right after a strenuous
 exercise when you are dealing with a horse that has had a prior
 tendon/ligament injury is money well spent.  However, I even have
 trouble getting my VET to do this.  I tell him I want him to come out
 and do a recheck on my horse's leg, and he says "For God's sake, just
 ride your horse!" >>

I got a little carried away with the ultrasound thing after Harca's tendon
injury last year.  I'm glad I did though -- I had him checked during the
rehab phase whenever we moved the stress level up a notch.  Then after the
last 2 50 milers I've had the tendon ultrasounded.  No problem (Yessss!).  My
vet has actually said that we can stop checking that tendon every few weeks
-- his retirement fund is secure <g>.  Kat, you (again) made an excellent
suggestion.

Sylvia (the peace of mind was well worth the expense)