Re: RC: breeders who want more $$ for their horses

Dear Deanna
I would LOVE to find more buyers like you who are willing to pay even
$2000 for a yearling (found one so far). Unfortunately, you are in the
minority. And as for that being a decent price, remember, even at that
price, if you take away the $600/year for almost 2 years (you said it
was a late yearling) and $600 for the feed of the mare during pregnancy
and $300 for her feed during nursing that leaves the breeder perhaps
(barring any vet bills) with a $100-200 margin for 3 years in the
foal-making to pay for his/her labor. Now what is wrong with this
picture???
I believe this makes it PAINFULLY obvious why most of us breeders have
stopped breeding to produce sales horses years ago.
Bette (yes, and I have offspring of my stallion doing VERY well in the
endurance arena and am communicating ALL the time- voila!)Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!