Re: RC: Re: ragging on show horses (was backyard stallions)

I can attest to what was said about training for halter being bad for the
horse....
I spoke to a halter trainer and asked about me  training my Stallion for
halter...I was told well he can't be your buddy any more... you can't be
close to him... so much for halter.... I still show him in Dressage and
Huntseat Pleasure and all Sporthorse events I can get to.  He always wins his
halter classes at the open shows but I refuse to set him up and strech him
out and hop him up like that...
I do have to admit that I go to shows to have fun, when I am showing you
couldn't slap the smile off of my face... I feel sorry for people who go
around the arena so stressed out that they can't even enjoy the fact that
they are on one of God's finest gifts to man.... and I do OK, always in the
ribbons, usually 2nd...
so you can have fun and place well.... just depends on why your out there