Re: RC: RC: Show horses

In a message dated 5/8/00 12:11:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DVeritas@aol.com
writes:

<< In my experience in the show world, it wasn't so much how the halter
 horses are built as it was how they were raised from weanling to say, three
 year old and how that methodology translates into whether >>
With all due respect, I believe it is indeed all of this - both conformation
- those deplorably useless hidn ends, crooked hocks and throatlatches so
narrow as to be useless as well - overly-long backs and  low heels - as well
as the inexcusably ghastly 'training' methods employed by trainers big and
small, the big hairs and their sad emulators. Let's not even get INTO the
etrible commentary today's horses, many of them are on the temperament of a
dream horse - fiery but gentle, smart as a whip and never needing one!
sandy