Re: RC: [Fwd: Backyard stallions]

In a message dated 5/7/00 6:34:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<< It was not my understanding that
 ridecamp was a place to bash other people's horses, breeding program >>

I guess it's all in how you define "bash".
If pointing out conformational flaws is bashing, tough.
If pointing out that one doesn't "prefer" a certain strain of Arabian and,
therefore, would never buy that strain, tough.
If a breeder of a certain strain of Arabian constantly finds themselves
having to defend that strain, lauding what they perceive as significant
"accomplishments", and say I don't happen to agree with that breeder or their
perceptions, tough.
    If you or others wish to censure this "list" to only include what you
think is important, be it horse height, color, strain/breed or
whatever...well, that is just sad.
    When someone puts their program on the web for all the world to see, you
invite criticism.   No guarantees it will all be wonderful reviews.
    After all, it is done with the purpose of "selling" something for
money...the altruistic nature of breeding Arabian horses for the sake of the
horse has unfortunately gone by the wayside.
    The breed is in the hands of "breeders" now...
    And THAT word does not mean what it once did, when the nature of breeding
was utilitarian rather than "economic".
    And, it seems to me, that unsolicited and varied opinions is the
mechanism of the "list".
    Frank.