Biltmore

Hi Angie,

About not having trees at rides...I came up with tricky little device for
just that occasion.

It's a fence post which fits in the stake hole in the back corner of the
truck bed, then a peice of square hollow steel in the center hole, (same
side) with a brace in between.  It's all welded together, with a horse shoe
welded at the top of the" tree" to snap a highline onto.

I tie one end of the highline onto the rear corner of the horse trailer
(theres a brace on mine, but you can weld something there if need be) snap
the other end onto the tree, and drive til it's tight!  Works like a charm!
At one ride I had 80 feet of rope inbetween, with a stallion on one end, and
mare in heat on the other, with knots to keep them 20 feet apart in the
middle.

My tree is the same height as the top corner of the trailer, about 8.5 feet.
Works great, unless you've got giraffes!  But my mare is only 14 hands, so
it's fine.

Sounds like you had an awesome ride, congratulations!!!!

And I bet I've got you beat in the "old trailer" catagory.  I've got a 1969
home-made sorta three horse (meaning three arabs fit with room to spare)
that just got a fresh coat of house paint, it's mostly plywood!  : )