Re: RC: [Fwd: Backyard stallions]

In a message dated 5/7/00 6:34:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<< P.S. If you feel a need to comment on my breeding program, I'd welcome
 the feedback, good or bad, but would rather have it in a private post >>

Oh, I have commented on your breeding program, i.e., "she really seems to
like her own horses" and as far as I'm concerned, someone who breeds horses
SHOULD like their own horses...my problem with some breeders is when someone
points out glaring flaws in conformation and "barn blindness" kicks it and
the breeder says, "I just don't see that clubby of a foot there, look at that
head though"...or, "I just don't see that twisted cannon, so I don't think
tendonitis could ever be a concern", and so on.
     I don't care what strain an Arabian is...a poorly bred horse, as evinced
by poor conformation or disposition, is a poorly bred horse.  Conversely, a
well-bred horse, conformationally, etc., is the hope for the future of the
breed.
    As far as the "forum" and what should be discussed or not discussed, gee,
I've been on this "list" long enough that I don't need to go into the
"archives" to determine the reality of this "list" and what gets discussed.
    As far as proper 'netiquette' in the bashing programs, manners ARE
important to me, but sitting in front of your computer and passing judgment
on people and the "validity" of their opinions, well, hey, "group-think" is a
heck-of-alot more dangerous and should never take the place of independent
thought, even if, at times, it can seem convoluted when juxtaposed to what
some consider the "norm".
    Done ramblin'
       Frank.