truck tents? and truck question

Hi,
I am trying to figure out my camping arrangements.  Gee and I have an LD
ride this weekend!  I did a test campout with my mare last night.  She
behaved perfectly - even with these weird birds that sound like loons
circling overhead all night.

Anyhow, hubby is not interested in spending much money until I've done this
a couple years or convinced him to get involved.  So no goose neck trailer
with living quarters or fancy campers.  My original plan was to use our
Suburban that we just put a 454 FI motor into and sleep in that.  But shorty
me is just not comfortable seeing out of that truck (anyone want to buy an
older 'burb with a screaming motor and fresh paint?)

So, even though I'm still trying to replace the non 4x4 1 ton Chevy, which I
finally love (anyone want to buy that one?  It's a real nice truck, just no
4x4) I'm thinking of buying one of those tents that fits on the back of a
truck.  Anyone know where I can find one of those?  I'm searching REI right
now, but no luck so far.

And one other question.  What's your opinions on 3/4 ton vs 1 ton.  We keep
coming up with trucks with one thing or the other missing from the
requirements list (1 ton, crew cab, 4x4, 5 sp, AC, big block, early 90's)
and was wondering if a 3/4 ton would do the trick?  We're hauling a steel 3
horse stock type trailer.

Thanks for any ideas.

Marlene