Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Re: Plenty of blame to go around American River Ride

In a message dated 05/03/2000 11:44:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Onefarmgirl@aol.com writes:

<< Third and last, those of us in Humboldt County have had the good fortune
 develop a great working relationship with the California State Parks staff.

 Ironically, it began in a fashion similar to this fiasco, with many hot
 tempers and a lot of angry rhetoric.   Fortunately, with some fine
leadership
 on the part of both the parks and the equestrians, we all sat down in one
 room and hashed things out.   Outcome is we have developed an Equestrian
 Working Group  which meets regularly w/the Parks folks, who are allowing us
 input into trail signage, placement of tie rails, water troughs, etc. Hope
 the folks involved in this current mess can seize the opportunity to make
 lemonade from these lemons, and strengthen relationships with those who have
 the responsibility for oversight of a precious resource. >>

Fabulous idea!!  There obviously were some clear thinkers at work here,
people who were really trying to come to an amicable solution. This is known
as diplomacy. Congratulations!

Barbara