Re: American River ride

Cc: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
----- Original Message -----
From: <BMcCrary27@aol.com>
> I've been hearing horror stories about the BLM for decades, but when we
had
> to contact that agency for permits to run Applegate-Lassen ride through
BLM
> administered land in Nevada, we've had nothing but smooth relationships
with
> the offices

I have to jump in here and second this.  Up in my area of California (Lake
Co.), there are huge acreages of BLM land, including the Cow Mountain rec.
area.  South part is literally miles of trails, mostly used by dirt bikes.
North part is equestrian trail.
Cache Creek area is about 68,000 acres of wild, deep canyon, oak woodland
and chapparal. It supports Tule Elk and Bald Eagles. Since I have moved to
Lake Co. from Bay Area 10 years ago, trails are being ADDED by BLM.  Great
trails!
Guess what?  FREE to ride, no parking or entrance fees.  Want to take your
dogs; young horses to run along?  No problem.  Scott Adams of the Ukiah
office is the trail guy, and he is encouraging, enthusiastic, and always
available to tell me about new
trails, trailheads and send me maps.  Everytime I think of moving back
towards Bay Area (which, incidentally, has TERRIFIC trails, I think twice.)

Karen

Side note to Barbara (coastside parks and trails are why I haul 5 horses
down through San Francisco every year)