American River Ride

Hi All,

I would be happy to write letters and make phone call and find out
appropriate names to send correspondence to.  However, it would be helpful
to have the facts from the ride manager.  Is she on line or does anyone
know her who can speak for her?

BTW, when I did this ride in 1996, I arrived at basecamp that morning,
tacked up and took off.  When my truck was delivered in Auburn by my
husband, someone had thrown a bunch of horse poop in the back all over our
"stuff."  We called ride management and asked them if we had goofed up and
broken a ride rule, they said they didn't know anything about it and
nothing had ever been mentioned about cleaning up the staging area although
we would have been happy to do so.  Maybe this was the beginning of some
passive/aggressive behaviour by park managment and could be corrected by
better communication.

Carol
AERC #12903 West Region