Calling all arabian breeding buffs!

Ok all you breeders, We have owned horses (showing, breeding and endurance)
for 29 years and we consider ourselves knowledgable horse people. Of the 29
years we have owned arabians for 16 years and have been actively breeding
for the last 5 years. I have recently bought a colt with a little problem
and here is my question.

He was born with perfectly straight legs and at six months was still
straight. He is close to 16 months and I have recently noticed that he walks
very close behind - not cow hocked, his legs move straight, but they come
very close together. I have been told by a few breeders that as he matures
he will widen up behind and that it is a result of him growing so quickly
(he has doubled in size (height + breadth :-)) in the last six months).

What is your verdict, will he widden behind? I am used of arabs with wider
movement behind and as I would also love to show him (excellent lines, nice
temperment, beautiful movement and black bay) something I haven't done yet
as I am afraid of it going against him.

Celeste (South Africa)
Mutazz (m..o..m....now they all gonna be laughing at me!!!)