Endurance Horse prices

You Wrote:
<Hi Lif
Here is the reply I drafted to Becky before I saw your post. You took
the words out of my mouth. I'm tacking on my reply.
Hi Becky
Sounds like you breed quality athletic horses, too. My question to you
is why would you want to breed for an endurance market where the riders
USUALLY (not all) want the horses for less than it costs to feed them
(even some of the very affluent ones)???  Don't you ever get tired of
buyers who offer you a fraction of what the horse's worth is, yet will
spend TONS on supplements, fancy equipment and riding attire, not to
mention the best in trucks and trailors. It's almost like the getting to
the ride is far more important than what they are riding. Am I missing
something???
Bette (who by now is sure to get flamed, but hangs in there due to the
ones who do not take advantage or genuinely do not have much money and
are doing their best--- they make it worthwhile)
Bette Lamore<

Well here in South Africa our top end endurance riders are paying pretty
good prices equal to what the average show horse goes for!! We breed
appaloosa and arabians (small scale - 2/4 foals a year) and we sometimes get
better prices from endurance buyers than what we get from the showing crowd
and it is often a better home too, only drawback is they usually prefer
older horses.

My personal pet peeve are breeders who breed nice bloodlines but the foals
look scruffy and undernourished at weening and they get better prices than
those breeders who pamper their babies just because (as it costs them
virtually nothing to bring the foal to weaning age) they can afford to spend
mega bucks on advertising!!!

Celeste (South Africa)
Shadixx + Mawlud + Snowy