Re: Getting Pulled

In a message dated 4/30/00 10:34:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< I wouldn't say "most" by any means.  We just tend to brag about how tough
 our rides are on a horse metabolically...because we *know* ya'll have
 rocks too, but this is something we've got more of. >g<  Even at Million
 Pines, with no rocks around, I think the majority of the pulls were for
 lameness.  We may have a higher incidence of Metabollic pulls, but I'd
 still say lameness FAR outnumbers them. >>

Sorry if I exaggerated to make a point, Angie...  Actually, I'm glad to see
the vet forms now dissecting types of lameness and metabolic pulls, so that
we can get closer to the nitty gritty of WHY, and thus to the possibility of
minimizing problems, catching them earlier while they might be correctable,
possibly refining management, etc.  Back to lameness--yep, we've got rocks,
but you've got more of that deep, dragging SAND...  <g>  (And I'll bet we see
different types of lamenesses as a result...)

Heidi