nice idea for on-line entry

One thing that could help would be to allow riders to pre-register at
the
AERC web site.  You can then make sure that all the names match up with
the
numbers by checking input on the forms, and then the ride managers could
pull down or be sent a list of pre-registered riders, all neatly typed
by a
printer.  It won't solve the whole problem, but it does solve some of
it.
You could also allow (note I did NOT say require) ride managers to enter
the data that way afterwards, and having direct online access to the
existing data would tend to help catch mistakes.

******
the second suggestion is on the list to do when the office/BOD
feels time/money/enough RM online to do it.

The first idea is one Russ and I had not considered.  We don't have the
complete ID database yet - that's why we don't search on your or your
horses AERC number yet.  We will be getting the info soon.  It's
an idea worth considering.  We could e-mail the form to the RM after
entry.

Mike