Re: RC: getting pulled

In a message dated 4/28/00 11:08:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, trish@endex.com
writes:

<< my immediate reaction to this whole thread was:  since when is there shame
 in getting pulled?

 if there's shame involved in this sport in getting pulled, i don't  want to
 participate.  it's not what i was told the sport was about, and not what i
 signed up for. >>

Right on, Trish.  The great majority of pulls (since the great majority of
riders are honest and caring people) simply mean that today was not that
team's day, and that the rider took care of the horse and did not continue.
As I tell riders in consolation when they pull--better to live to run another
day!

Heidi