Re: RC: Fw: Re: Getting Pulled

At 01:34 PM 4/28/00 EDT, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/28/00 10:18:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us writes:
>
><< So maybe if there was a RO-H option (rider option, horse) you could put
> something like that into that category? >>
>
>Still does not address WHY the rider felt the horse should not continue.
>This is NOT about placing blame--it is about learning why endurance horses
>don't complete.

If that's what you _really_ want to know, then you need a lot better than
the statistics we've discussed so far.  You need to properly design a
study, get people to participate in the study at rides in different places
and different times of year, and now you've got a much richer data set to
draw from.

I'll grant you that what we're talking about is better than no data at all,
but you really need more to do it right.

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com