Re: RC: Reaction to Mt. Lion

In a message dated 4/28/00 8:32:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sgrahl@flash.net
writes:

<< My personal experience with horses reaction to mt. lions is no reaction.
 The mt. lion that appeared next to my horse in the brush and ran leaping
 over large cactus got no reaction from my horse. I know two other
 endurance riders that have filed mt. lion sighting reports and I spoke
 with both of them. They too report "no reaction" from their horses >>

That was my experience too.  My horse just stopped and watched the mt. lion
who in turn stared at us.  (We had met at fairly close range at a water
trough). So I waved my arms around and yelled, the cat kind of nonchalantly
turned and melted into the brush.  (Gorgeous animal )

Sylvia