Re: Getting Pulled

>Then is the real reason for the stats to choose which ride to attend??

Actually, the reason for stats is to keep endurance riders busy on long
rainy days, or when horses lose shoes and you're frustrated  because you
need to be riding.  They're also handy for people who "armchair
ride"...that is, they've bought everything they can buy, and read
everything they can read, and now they're putting off actually riding a
little longer by pouring over stats. >eg<  They can also be used to
occupy overly involved spouse crew members who are getting a little too
involved in the rider's end of strategy...as in, "Honey, I'll take care
of this, why don't you research the stats for the ride."  I could see
them being handy in the excuse department.  "Sure, I was over time, but I
checked and last year (insert name of successful rider) went over time
there too.  It's just a tough trail.  I'm sure there are more uses...

Angie

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.