Re: RC: Re: Re: Getting Pulled

At 09:01 PM 04/27/2000 -0700, John Bass wrote:
>Shouldn't a horse that is consistently lame or has metabolic problems lose
>some of it value as an endurance horse?  Is it ethically right to sell a
>horse to someone if it has problems and not disclose the problem? Being able
>to look up the horses record can be an asset or a liability depending on how
>you look at it.

John:

If somebody wants a horses records, all they have to do is call the AERC
office and get that information.  I know, because they have given out my
horses history.  So whether or not it is published in EN, it's likely that
anybody interested in knowing a horses history would be able to figure out
how to find it.  (especially now that it is on-line)

I guess my biggest concern isn't so much about the names being listed, but
rather the accuracy of the recordkeeping.

I know there are a lot of people who have had things listed erroneously,
simply because there was no better category to put it in.  Or what about
when a horse is listed as lame, but was the horse really lame, or was he
just unable to trot sound because he was really tied up?  (and I don't mean
to a hitchin' post)  :^)