Re: Fwd: RC: Fwd: Karahty bloodlines - proven performance

> Hi Lif
> A tragedy happened to us along those lines. A maiden mare came in who
> was not halter trained---nor ANYTHING trained and she was 4! The real
fault lay with the owner
> who not only had not provided her with the basics of training but did
> not even show up for the breeding to handle his unruly mare, although he
> was advised of the time. And the topper! He was a TRAINER---claimed to
> have studied with Pat Pirelli and is STILL giving workshops. Life's
> little ironies!!!!
> Bette

Bette, I know I will get flamed for saying this, but I have learned to turn
and run away from anything that has been trained according to
"Parelli"methods.  I have bought/almost bought at least 10 horses over the
past 8 years trained the Parelli way,and they were all ill-mannered idiots
that walked all over you and were downright dangerous.

Last one was a mare down in your neck of the woods-I drove 8 hours to see
this horse, who was supposed to be well (Parelli) trained.  Not only did
this horse not tie, she totally flipped out when her buddies left and ran
circles over the handler; walked all over you; had NO GROUND manners.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling, but I fail to see how anyone can take
his methods seriously after watching his 7 games video-he comes across like
a slick used car salesman; doesn't explain WHY he does some of the things he
does; delights in throwing out big words and phrases that mean nothing, and
the end of the tape, with all sorts of his disciples milling around each
other with no bridles, standing (and falling off) their horses; cantering
through crowds; no helmets-is so dangerous and stupid I can't believe it.
Goes against all common sense.

Oh well, now I said it-and donning flame-retardent suit.

Karen and herd (devotee of the school of common sense training)