Re: Re: RE: Bloodlines and Arabs

----- Original Message -----
From: Kris Hazelbaker <shajarah@cybrquest.com>
> This is interesting information.  A good place to start.  But a few >
questions, or 'caveats' come to mind.

> 1) Raffles is so widespread in the Arab population that you would (as you
> indicated) expect to see him in a lot of the endurance pedigrees. >> 2)
Many of the older horses (I particularly noticed some of the Davenports) >
have been available for so long that they have become widespread also.

Yes, it is great information.  (You have to start somewhere <VBG>)

I have been playing with it a little, and have some numbers, although I am
not sure, really, what they mean.

I listed the top ten, but haven't got that far with my playing, but here is
what I have.

name / # of occurrences / get / grandget / comments
Raffles / 798 / 124 / (est. 2000-3000) / Skowronek son and grandson
Raseyn / 685 / 138 / ( est 1600) / Skowronek son
Gulastra / 373 / 128 / 1025
Ferseyn / 298 / 256 / (est. 2000-3000) / Rasyen son
*FADL / 277 / 79 / 1097
Indaia / 250 / 15 / 629 / only mare listed so far
Mirage / 243 / 26 / 530 (DB X DB)
Indraff / 238 / (blew my system trying to count <>G) (son of Indaia and
Raffles)
(also, I looked up Sunshine, who was further down the list, not top ten, but
just because I recognized his name and remembered it)
Sunshine / 73 / 37 / 264

I tried to corralate some percent between number of get and/or grandget with
the number of occurrences in the database, but I am not a 'numbers'
person... (Truman, get to work!! <G>)

I thought that it was interesting the  Desertbred *Mirage was up there in
number of occurrences with such a low number of get and grandget.

I was surprised that this hasn't generate a lot more posts, as this is
usually something people are interested in, but I guess that everyone is
having to find their pedigrees to count the horses !?!??!?!!!!  <VBG>

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/