Couple more questions......

Okay, I've ridden my last ride ending up looking like I have Racoon Eyes
from wearing sunglasses and protecting them, but getting wind and sun-burn
on the rest of my face.  Carmex works okay on the lips (when I remember it)
but what do you all use to protect your faces?

Also, I've been riding as a featherweight this year, and have passed on
other chances to stand for BC until this weekend.  "Much to my chagrin" - I
weighed in at 178#! (It's the tack, damnit!) I know you CAN ride in a weight
division lower than your actual weight but I'd rather be in the right one.
BUT -- I don't want to lose points earned so far this year.  If I switch to
LW, do the points earned so far stay in limbo as FW or do they transfer with
me?  And no, I haven't gained weight, I just never thot the tack weighed so
much - guess I'll have to get rid of the kitchen sink after all.....

We participated in Barney Flemings (AKA the Vampire Vet) "Pride Project"
this last ride.  Even the preliminary on-site results are eye-opening (blood
gas, glucose, electrolyte info) taking the horse from pre-ride, to mid-ride,
to completion.  I would highly recommend people to take advantage of this
opportunity for people to learn more about their ponies metabolics during
actual competition, as well as the  contribution their horses' statistics
will make into the data so we can identify ways to improve our care of these
athletes.

By the way, the Indian Springs ride this last weekend was wonderful!
Beautiful weather and trails, and breakfast on Sunday was scrumptious!
Congratulations to all who finished the 25, 50, 75 & 100 distances!

Kerry and Spiritism (you mean I gotta do it again in two weeks - get a
lighter saddle!)