Re: RC: Finish Lines

<< Mike wrote:
 >You do not see people hanging out in the end zone at the Super Bowl or
 >people hanging on the inside rail at the Kentucky Derby. I do not think
 >the security would let the preacher on the track at the Daytona 500 or let
 >someone sit in a chair at the stripe

Lif wrote:
<<<< Well, when ride managers can charge spectators to watch so the RMs can
then  afford to pay the security people to keep spectators out of the finish
 area, then things will be real different, won't they.  Lif<<<<<<<<

When I'm not riding I hang out at the finish line to watch the first 50
milers come in off their last loop.  I get close, but always have a tree
nearby in case a horse gets off course.  I figure between the tree and the
horse I have a chance of surviving.  When I see people bringing their trucks
close to the finish line, for whatever reason, I always ask myself, "Do these
folks have a clue?"  They obviously don't love their truck like I love mine.

Loose dogs and loose two year old children need not be at the finish.  You
can't blame the managers for the actions of lame brained adults who lost the
leash but let the dog or kid come anyway.  Most accidents are caused by human
stupidity and not being aware of your surroundings.  If you're standing
nearby and see something that's definitely an accident waiting to happen you
really should get involved or get hold of someone who will.

cya,
Howard