Re: stocking up

>The cool down and warm up are really important keeping the soft tissue
>pumping the lymphatic's.
>
>jim pascucci
>Advanced Certified Rolfer
>www.equisearch.com/ibt

Jim,
We discuss the heart, lungs, bones, muscle development, nutrition, and so
on to some fairly good depths at regular intervals on this list, but very
little about the lymphatic system.  I'm sure there are some out there that
don't have a clue as to what it's function is...and many (myself included)
that have some knowledge but are still woefully lacking in specifics and
considerations of care.  (I work in surgery...we just remove the nodes when
go bad.  Pre and post-op care is the realm of the "medical" nurses...an
area that I've never worked in...so my knowledge is pretty basic in this
area.)

Would you (or anyone else with the knowledge in this area) care to expand
on this subject, please (how it works, why it exists, etc.)?  In regards to
our horses, what should we consider in their pre, during, and post-race
care and what can we do to help them?

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm