RE: stocking up

<<Hi, marlene, the important thing is to determine if it is actually
stocking
up, ie, cold edema type swelling, and maybe a rebound effect, or if it is
swelling with heat.  If there is HEAT you need to back off in your
conditioning program a bit.  I also had a problem with some stocking up type
swelling.  We were using a new brand of grain/vitamin supplement.  When we
quit using it, no more swelling!  My feed guy said he had some people notice
the same thing, but others had no problem. Jeri>>

There is definitely no heat involved.  She is not getting anything new as
far as supplements.  She is a very easy keeper and gets good grass hay and
2lbs a day of sweet feed, with a small amount of Purina Athlete tossed in
(like a small handfull).  We are not doing that much as far as conditioning
yet - 2-3 days a week of an hour walk/trot and 1-2 days of 2-3 hours mostly
walk with some trot and canter.  She hasn't even sweated yet except under
her saddle and girth.
Marlene