A Vet's Opinion!

Denise seeherfly@earthlink.net
Are "hives" usually contageous?  If they are not, do you think an
expensive prescription is necessary or would baking soda or some-
thing else help clear them up??  I am helpless here in Montana
while my horse is in Oregon.  He has "bumps" and I've agreed to
the barn vet to come out and look at Cayenne since I need another
health certificate to ship him.  I just don't want to be bush-
wacked on this if it's something non-contageous(which I'm sure the
vet will tell me)and something I can treat myself once he is with
me after the 27th of April.