Re: RC: Possible narcolepsy, epilepsy in my new horse?

In a message dated 04/04/2000 12:21:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< My vet is now recommending that I not buy, and has revised his opinions
regarding the prepurchase exam.  This horse has not passed.   >>

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole!  There have to be other good horse
out there that don't come with a built-in problem from the beginning. This
one could be a dangerous problem.  Imagine if he did this on the edge of a
cliff.  Or in the middle of a road with traffic around.  Then what?

Nearly 50 years ago we had a young horse that had a similar problem, only he
would stop, look glassy-eyed, jaw would clench, knees would buckle, and he
would go down right out from under my husband.  We sent him off to the
auction yard without so much as a backward glance.

Barbara