"Old" pickups....

These messages are getting a chuckle out of me....

I just sent my 73 (not a TYPO!) Ford 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup down to my son in Boise
to have a new 390 motor put in it.  *giggle*  Is it cost effective to do this?
Well, I can tell you that every single month that I drive my Ford pickup is
saving me a huge truck payment on a NEW truck, not to mention big insurance
bills, and paranoia in parking lots, and I have a vehicle that even I can work
on.  I have had this truck for ten years, and plan to have it as long as I'm
pulling a horse trailer.  (Those of you in states where you can't drive older
vehicles because of emissions stuff...sorry.)

With the price of new pickups, I don't think you can say it's not
cost-effective to work on an older vehicle.  A much bigger problem is finding a
mechanic you can trust....my mechanic is one I bred, but if you don't have 28
or 29 years to do the same (raise your own, that is), good luck!

Also, on motors, the 390 will give you the towing power and is much cheaper to
work on than the 460's and similar...according to my mechanic.

(Good mechanics are extremely difficult to find....if I had back every dime
I've wasted in my life on bad mechanics, I could go down and by a new Dodge!)

=====
Jan Musick
http://www.geocities.com/janm_97/

Work like you don't need the money.