Joining a Club - Ontario, Canada - Buying a Horse?? Help Please

Judith judith@kos.net
Hello!  I am a 45 yr old female, former competitive 3 day eventer and dressage rider.  Lately, I have been remembering that what I enjoyed most as a young rider (in England), was long distance riding.  Here we have no trails safe for horses.  I am most interested to hear if there is a local club I can contact.  And how to get started?  I never see edurance horses advertised for sale - am I looking in the wrong places.
Yours in sport, Judith