SASO 3 RIDE

Third time is a charm.  We finally did not get rained out.  Of course it was
the hottest day of the year so far and a record setter.  We had way more
pulls than usual and I think that the weather accounted for a lot of that.
It was in the 80's.  We camped in my pasture [and no I don't own that
property but lease it for my horses].  1/2 of the riders now think I am rich.
 It is a georgeous piece of land.  That last asking price was $10,000,000.00
and it has no power or water.  Our water is trucked in every day.  If you
want to see a picture of the actual ride camp, go to http://www.anotherbs.com/
crew.html.  A movie crew borrowed by horse and used him for the final scene
of a movie.  The picture of the horse is part of my pasture that I used for
the camp.

RESULTS:

1   HEATHER BERGANTZ/RED   ALSO BC BY 117 POINTS
2   TIGER CRITES/RAMBO
3   DENNIS TRACY/BENJIH
4   SUSAN GRAHAM/PHOENIX AFFAIR
5   LORI OLESON/WRA FLAMING FIRE
6   HAYLEY SULLIVAN/SE BLUE MAX [ALSO FIRST JUNIOR]
7   GODFREY SULLIVAN/ASJAHS GIFT
8   SUZANNE SULLIVAN/BIT O'CLASS
9   MICHELLE SHAW/ROBIN HOOD
10  HILLORIE BACHMANN/MASTER MOTION
11  SARAH KONST/KARENA
12  ANITA FIODELLA/CF PRECARIOUS
12  BARRY WAITTE/LL BAYAMO
13  BETH WACHENHEIM/ZARKURIA HCC
14  JILL KILTY-NEWBURN/KISKAA
15  JULIE SUHR/CF WAR HYMN
16  KATHLEEN MYERS/WITEZ SIRINITY
17  DAWN PERRINE/TIKI'S ONLY MIKE
18  TRISH COLLINS/GS SHEEBA
19  SARAN EATON/VICHY
20  SHARON KIRKPATRICK/LL REGAL
21  ABE KIRKPATRICK/FARI PRINCESS
22  CATHERINE POKORNY/HIGH CHAPARRAL
23  DENNIS SOUSA/KA WINSTON
24  JOYCE SOUSA/JIM BOB
25  MARCI COOK/ALA ALEXIA
26  LES CARR/TULIP
27  CATHY KAUER/RARA EQUUS
28  STEVE LENHEIM/SA IBN SAAM
29  RICK GOMEZ/MONTEREY
30  BEVERLY SENIOR/ROCKY
31  JUDY LONG/NACHI SUNSHINE [WARPAINT]
32  HOLLY FOILES/IBN COLLANY
33  `JENNIFER NEIHAUS/DREAM ON
34  PATRICIA REED/ALTEZZA'S FLASH
35  JEFF LUTERNAUER/DAKOTAS DUSK
37  TRILBY PEDERSON/EXCLAIMATION A
38  KATHLEEN ZELLERS/SUNSHINE
39  JESSICA TUTEUR

WE HAD 55 START AND 39 FINISH THE 50.

NOTES:

6th place was Hayley Sullivan who was riding her first ride ever.  Hayley is
9 years old.  She rode her Dad's horse, SE Blue Max, who was the BC winner at
Swanton 100 last year and was bred by Lif Strand.  He looked really good Lif.

The 10th place horse, Master Motion is another of the horses that Skip
Lightfoot rescued from the auction, along with Red, first place at this ride
and the Hagin Cup Winner at Tevis.  Split, as we call him because of a split
ear, is a cousin of Red's.  Skip also owns a full brother to Red who is
starting his career.

Will do the LD later.  I have to find the results in this mess.  We did have
a lot of LD riders for us.  We started 27 and I am not sure yet if any were
pulled.  We did have one fall with her rider and the rider was taken to the
hospital to be checked out.  She came to pick up her saddle today and except
for feeling like "a truck hit her" she was fine.

More later,  Maryben