Re: Slant load trailers

>Heidi wrote " One of my BIG list items for
>"when I buy a new trailer" is one that DOES NOT have that tack contraption
>in
>the rear!!!  Give me the big door ANY day"
>
>Your right on that Heidi ! My trailer has a rear tack which I love because
>it is so handy at home and at ride's. But It does create a bottleneck at
>the door , and could very well put you in a dangerous situation with a
>young inexperienced horse .

Every time I read stuff like this, I'm very glad for the trailer I have!  I
have a step-up, 3-horse slant with double doors and a *swing out* tack
room.  It's easy to load, doors aren't that heavy (altho swinging the tack
room in if you're parked on a slant at all can be a bit heavy), and you can
turn every horse around and unload head first.  Too bad the guy quit making
trailers since I'd really recommend his styles.  There must be *someone*
out there that makes them with this configuration!

Sue

"If all you can do is what you've always
done, then all you can be is what you are right now."
                              author unknown

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.