Re: Re: safe loading in a slant load

For what it is worth---I often have to load alone----I have found that
running a long rope (15-20 foot) from the halter---through the tie
loop--then back to me---lets me give the forward tugs to encourage the horse
into the trailer---with me on the ground outside the trailer, encouraging
also from behind.   In a two-horse, I have also extended this same rope into
a butt rope at times, with a flip around (not loop) around the center pole.
With this length of rope, if the horse pulls back and gets away---you have
enough room to get out of the way and still grab the rope before the horse
is "gone".  It has worked well for me for years - without help.

Claudia