alternatives to rear tack

Rear tacks looked wonderfully convenient, but I ordered my trailer without
one.......both because it was an extra expense and because of safety
concerns.  As a sort of compromise, I had the manufacturer put in an
alternate location for the saddle rack in the back of the trailer (where
the rear tack would have been).  When I get to camp and get the horses out
of the trailer, I can then move the saddle rack from the dressing area to
the back of the trailer.  I also had a pass through door installed between
the dressing room and the horse area, so I won't even have to go outside to
accomplish this (plus it will simplify moving other horse-related stuff
back into the horse area while camping).  Whether I will actually do this
remains to be seen (supposed to pick up the trailer next week and take it
on a week-long camping trip the following week).  Not as convenient as the
rear tack but cheaper and hopefully safer.

Suzanne