Re: RC: RE: exhausted horses CTR versus LD

In a message dated 3/24/00 6:44:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
snodgrab@ncr.disa.mil writes:

<< And as for racing and riding
 too fast there are lot's of horses that are run thru a CTR then hidden out
 of sight for a while before being walked into the final check with this nice
 low pulse rate.  >>

NATRC isn't operated like this.  For a 25 miler, you'll have approximately 6
hours riding time (more if the terrain is difficult).  "Hiding out" isn't an
option.  I think Michelle was talking about NATRC rather than one of the
other CTR disciplines.  I agree that LD is a great place for young horses
too.  You just need to be careful to stay away from the front of the pack.  I
solved that with Star by timing out 30 minutes after everybody else left --
worked great.

Sylvia (young horses are fun, but it sure is nice to have my old buddy back
on the trail with me :))