Re: RC: Dance Line

Sorry, I didn't read it that way.
1. It really didn't sound to me that it was that obvious that Howard's
horse was not able to take the rate of speed or that Howard was acting in a
reckless manner.
2.  Interesting to me that you wrote this response since I didn't name
anyone in particular as having flamed Howard.  However, it did sound like
you and a few others came down a bit hard on someone who had just
publically bared his soul.  But then maybe that is your style as I found
your response to me just a bit testy.
3.  My first endurance ride was in 1977 and I rode 50 miles.  I knew
absolutely nothing -- and the "experts" didn't know a whole lot more.  I
ended up riding several rides quite fast -- because it was fun and the
horse gleefully picked the pace.  I pulled on about my 4th ride as my horse
didn't appear to be having fun and appeared a bit tired.    Two of the
horses that completed on that unseasonably warm day died that night.  Mine
was fine but there but for fortune go I, Howard and anyone else who rides
horses.