Dance Line

Sometimes I read some wonderful things on Ride Camp.
Howard, your story brought tears to my eyes and I really admire you for
writing it and for your humility.

>I have no opinion about what happened to Howard because I was not there
and I
>do not know him but before you write posts like this one, you better make
>darn sure that nothing bad ever happens to one of your horses and you can't
>do that.  AS one of the my close friends with over 15,000 endurance miles
>says, if you don't want a horse to die, don't ride one.  Better yet, don't
>own one because it will probably happen to all of us..........Maryben

Maryben, thank you for writing this.  I was lurking in the background
trying to figure out how to express my reaction to the flamers.

I recently had an experience not very different from Howard's.  I was
fortunate that my horse didn't get as sick but it did take him several days
to recover.  He is a 9 year old horse that is well condiditioned.  About 3
miles of easy riding up a road that he has traveled many times he had a
major tie up, had to be rescued with a trailer (I count my blessings that
he was accessable) and rushed to the vet for treatment.  Why?  We don't
know, though there are certainly enough theories.  Sometimes it just happens.