Re: RC: Dance Line

At 11:16 AM 3/23/00 -0700, Lif Strand wrote:

At 09:50 AM 3/23/00 -0800, you wrote:
Heart rate monitor said he was in good shape when it happened,

Hear rate monitor's shouldn't substitute for other kinds of awareness.
<<<<

I understand that - it only tells you how fast the heart is going, which can be an indicator, but as you point out, it isn't the only thing to pay attention to. So far as I can tell, even with 20-20 hindsight, he didn't seem overly tired. As I said, there was nothing that I can tell that I did wrong, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that there must have been something I missed or something I could have done different. Maybe there wasn't.

So the moral of this little bit is - don't ride the heart monitor, ride your horse.
<<<<

Sure - but the heart monitor is still a nice tool to have in your bag of tricks. It doesn't tell you everything, but it does tell you some things. For example, if the heart rate goes way up and stays there, you know the horse is in trouble.

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com