Re: RC: Wearing Easyboots

In a message dated 3/21/00 6:30:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sbrown@wamedes.com writes:

<< How long can you leave Easyboots on? >>
If you foam on easyboots then you can leave them on up to ten days.  We ride
muiltidays (5 days) with them on.  We foam them on the day before and take
them off when we return home.  This is a very common practice with the
multiday riders.  I sometimes (if I have to wait for hoof growth) just wrap
the hoof with vet wrap and slip on easyboots to just go riding that day.
Then I just take them off after the ride.  Easyboots shouldn't be that hard
to take on and off.  Attach a string around the heel strap to pull heel strap
in place.  The more you do it the less time it takes.  It should only take
less than a minute per boot to put on.
We also use WD40 to soak the foam to clean and pull the boot off.  Sometimes
it works good and sometimes it does not.  Soaking in water also helps break
down the foam to clean it off.  But sometimes you have to soak it for a
couple of days.
Hope this helps out a little.
Tammy & Charlie Robinson
Katie Bar The Door & Ima Liberated Lady (easyboot lovers)