Re: RC: Horse Slaughter

I agree with Heidi 100%. ANd I have HAD this scenario happen to me.
Try getting a divorce sometime from a spouse who doesn't care whether you
have horses or not. - and doesn't care whether they eat or not. I have
seen horses colicked because of this scenario. ( NO, not mine.)
I have ALMOST been there.
My dad probably gave me the best advice. He said, " If you want horses,
you better durn well have a good enough job to afford it." He was right.
It's the only protection you can truly have, and if you get laid off,
well, money IS important.
Unfortunately.
And, BTW, I lived in France for a year, and I have HAD horsemeat. At
SCHOOL. IT was lunch.  And though I was not happy that my classmates
didn't tell me what it was at first since they knew I was the local horse
nut, I have to say it tastes just fine.
We are indeed lucky to be able to have choices for our horses.
Gwen Dluehosh DVM

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:31:22 EST CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:
> situation.
> This person may well not have time to "save" the difference.  T  (For
those of you who express > > disbelief that life can literally change in
an instant--you'd better
> hope and > pray that it never happens to you, because it CAN, and
sometimes
> DOES.)
>
> 2)  The person who does not live in your nice CA economic model.  In
> my neck
> 3)  The person who really does not give a damn one way or the other,
> and for
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.