un-salted horse

Sharon Satterwhite ssatt44@hotmail.com
Hi gang!  I need to pick your collective brains.  My 8yo arab
gelding will NOT use salt in any form. Block(red/white) or loose,
he just eats around it.  The vet says that if he needed it he would
want it.  He only gets grass hay, no grain.  The other horses on the
same diet(and not being worked) love salt.  He usually sweats very little
unless he is really pushed hard.  He does sweat up under his saddle.  Never
has had any metabolic problems or colic(KNOCK ON WOOD)!

                               Sharon and Jihad