From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com [mailto:CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 9:00 AM
To: eyler@mindspring.com; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: RE: Re: Horse slaughter

In a message dated 3/14/00 9:45:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
eyler@mindspring.com writes:

<< Yes, I was really on my soapbox.  But I DO feel strongly that if you
really
 need that couple of hundred dollars from a slaughter house than you can't
 afford to keep horses.

 Cindy >>

Cindy, just hope and pray that your circumstances never change.  I've seen
caring, well-meaning people go from financially comfortable to literally
destitute in short order (death in the family, divorce, terminal illness,
etc.).  Many hang on to a "buddy" that is not suitable for sale, hoping the
tide will turn, until faced with the fact that a couple hundred bucks IS a
big deal.  When faced with feeding your children or feeding your horse, and
with no money for vet fees, some folks have to make choices that hurt.

Heidi

- JENKENS & GILCHRIST E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE -
This transmission may be: (1) subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege, (2)
an attorney work product; or, (3) strictly confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or
disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please
reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.