Re: Re: RE: Re: Horse slaughter

.  We have had to hire a hole dug to bury a horse.  I'm not
> aware of any laws in our area that prohibit that.  It's a lot better than
> some of the dairy farmers who drag dead cows and calves out to wherever
> their "dead bovines spot" is and let the scavengers have at them.

            Just a reminder to everybody that the scavengers are Nature's
way---it is us people who think we must bury them.    When your horse dies
on his own, or is euthanized--when that light in their eyes goes out--your
horse is no longer there--it is just flesh and bones that don't care about
anything.
    Claudia