Re: Horse Savaging / CA law

> A couple of years ago California voters passed a measure banning the sale
> of horses for slaughter for human consumption.
           Not that I am PRO-slaughter--but they do serve a purpose in some
ways.  BUT- In CA---what happens to all the unwanted, unloved, neglected
horses that would go to slaughter elsewhere???   Do you have pastures of
starving horses, or horses being given away, etc. etc.  ???   What has this
done to the market??   Seems like you would end up with a lot of freebies or
"dirt cheap".

Claudia