Re: RC: Re: Re: RE: Re: Horse slaughter

I work for a local health department in eastern Washington.  In our
jurisdiction it is illegal to just leave dead animals to rot.  I handle these
complaints all the time.  The owner of the animal (or the landowner if the
owner can't be found) is required to either bury the animal, incinerate (not
just burn-more like cremation) or have it rendered. Within 24 hours of death.
 But I, like many others, board my horses and don't have a place to bury
them.  If disposal of dead animals is a problem, check with your local health
department to find out whats ok. jeri