Re: RC:

Hi Sarah
I agree with you 100%. This gelding had no issues going on from external
sources; that can only lead me to believe it was internal, a fantasy,
and could very well happen again. I have worked some stallions out of
aggressive behavior and there was a "reason" for it (e.g. fighting with
another stallion or a mare in heat, etc.). There was an explanation and
the behavior could be dealt with (and in a few cases it was dealt with
by gelding). Unprovoked aggressive behavior is the most dangerous of all
and the most difficult to do anything about.
We did have one colt who was born with an attitude (he had not only
nailed me and broken a rib, but my friend as well--- neither of us were
inexperienced--- he was just sneaky and fast--- the vet recommended
throwing him down after seeing his behavior). I had vowed I would never
throw a horse down, but I've learned "never say never." I told me
husband to lay him down and Mark said "What if I accidentally break his
neck?" as the colt would throw himself around. I told him he was no good
to anyone the way he was and it was the colt's choice as to what he did.
The first time Mark threw him down (well, actually, the colt threw
himself down), he quickly got up with anger in his eyes (OK you did it
to me once, just try again!) Mark did it again same reaction. The third
time the colt just lay there and Mark said, "Oh my God I killed him". He
was just afraid and lying still. We kneeled down next to him and pet him
and told him we were not going to hurt him but then he was not going to
hurt anyone either. He got up and his eyes were softened; you could see
the difference.
The difference between that horse and this one, however, was that Comet
was only 4 months old and was aggressive but had not as yet done
anything but try to kick us. We caught him before the behavior became
implanted (and he had been imprint trained at birth). He had just come
into this world with an attitude. He went on to become a wonderful horse
and later a wonderful gelding. No problems. (Do not wish to be flamed. I
believe in TTouch and have studied neurokinesiology with Michelle
Kaplan. This was merely an extreme case which I believe called for
extreme measures-- not something I do on a regular basis; in fact, I've
only had to throw a horse once after that--- same kind of scenario and
again it worked.) It may very well be too late for your gelding I am
afraid. Sad.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!