Re: RC: Saddle Fit

Kim,

FIRST fit the saddle to the horse.  After that, worry about your ownfit.

Well, how does it fit your guy????

Snug/room becomes a matter of personal preference.  I prefer inbetween
so I can move about for up/down hills.  I like to be able to put at
least a fingers width behind me in the seat, & I shouldn't be rubbing on
the pommel.

You want the stirrups hanging in a balanced position under you.   When
you pick up your stirrups, they should allow your heel to be aligned
with your shoulder & hip.  If you are used to western show saddles, you
may be used to your legs more in front & sitting more back in the
saddle.  Get someone to look at you when mounted & see what they think.

Good luck!  Crates makes a nice saddle, but the only "good" saddle is
the one that firts BOTH of you.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV