Re: Beet Pulp

> Its very easy.  Just put a scoop (plastic feed scoop) of beet pulp (shreds
> or nuts) in a bucket and fill the bucket to the top with water.  Leave it
> for a few hours and hey presto you've got beet juice.

Do you think this would be a good way to encourage my horses to eat their
beet pulp? Would it help get them used to the taste? I have two that aren't
too thrilled that I'm adding beet pulp to their food. I've started
separating the pulp eaters from the non eaters at feeding time. Otherwise
the b p eaters finish their's up and the non b p eaters are more than
willing to let them clean up theirs also.

Yesterday since I had to haul water out to the non b p eaters, I used my
beet pulp bucket with out rinsing it. I have to say they were a bit more
willing to eat today. I did up the percentage of soaked hay cubes mixed in
though. I've tried adding fresh pureed apple, alfalfa pellets, grain.... any
other suggestions to get my picky eaters to eat their beet pulp?

Cheryl