Re: Re: Beet Pulp

Subject: RC: Re: Beet Pulp

> > Its very easy.  Just put a scoop (plastic feed scoop) of beet pulp
(shreds
> > or nuts) in a bucket and fill the bucket to the top with water.  Leave
it
> > for a few hours and hey presto you've got beet juice.
>
> Do you think this would be a good way to encourage my horses to eat their
> beet pulp? Would it help get them used to the taste?

Hi Cheryl

Yes it could help.  Can't say I've ever had a problem getting them to eat
it.  Usually start with a little at a time as one does with a 'strange'
feed.  Not all beet pulps are made equal.  Is your's molassed?  The
non-molassed beet pulp makes juice that tastes like dish water.

Heather
SW France