RC: Eating Pine Needles and wood chips

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
From:
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

My husband owns his own Tree Service business.
He also delivers pine wood chips ( with or
without neeedles) to some of the farms
in the area for paddocks,  fill, etc.

In any case, he and his crew know about the toxicity
of some ornamental plants and trees because
we own horses.  So they know if a load is mixed, it
never goes to a horse farm.

It's very easy for a guy to throw a Yew or other toxic
plant or branch into the chipper, and blow those chips
into a dump-truck full of nice pine wood chips
contaminating the load for horse use.

If you order your chips from a local tree company,
I'd make sure they know what you want and why.

Speaking of (out door) arena-footing, I keep all of the
Stump gridings for my arena because the Stump Grinder's
chips are very very fine (and mixed with a little soil)
when compared to  "big" chips from a Wood-Chipper.

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-